Serves : 12
- For the Fruit Base
- 700g apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 300g blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100ml water
- For the Crumble
- 75g porridge oats
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 125g plain flour
- 225g dark brown soft sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125g butter, melted
Directions to make the Apple and Blackberry Crumble
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- For the fruit base: Place apples and blackberries in a 20x30cm or similar sized baking dish. Mix together caster sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over fruit. Pour water all over.
- For the crumble topping: Combine oats, walnuts, flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and melted butter. Crumble evenly over the fruit.
- Bake crumble in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.