Serves : 12
- 225g (8 oz) butter or margarine
- 225g (8 oz) soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- 65g (2 1/4 oz) dessicated coconut
- 425g (15 oz) stewed apple or apple pie filling
- 7 glace cherries
Directions to make the Apple and Coconut Cake
- Cream marg or butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Using a metal spoon fold in the flour, coconut and apple.
- Turn into a greased cake tin, smooth the top and bake at 180 C / Gas 4 till cake tests done.
As I have only ever cooked this recipe in an AGA I would recommend that you use your usual cake temperature to cook this but keep an eye on it to prevent burning.