Serves : 12
- 95g sugar
- 84g brown sugar
- 127g wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100ml oil or melted butter
- 300g apples, grated
- 3 eggs
- For the topping
- 200g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 104g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Directions to make the Apple cake with cinnamon and cream cheese topping
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / Gas 3 1/2. Grease your cake tin.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add oil or butter. Grate the apples and add.
- Whip up the eggs and add them to the dough. Keep whipping for a while to make sure everything is mixed up properly and apples have softened a little. Fill the pan with dough.
- Bake until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let the cake cool down before topping it.
- Topping: Mix cream cheese, lemon juice, icing sugar and vanilla sugar. Spread the frosting all over the cake smoothly. If you want, you can add (for example) crushed walnuts on the top.
- Let the topping harden up a bit, and enjoy!