- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 200g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 50g chilled butter, chopped
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
Directions to make the Apple Normandy tart
To make the crumble topping, place the flour and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple and strawberry. Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.