Serves : 16
- 110g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g raisins
- 375g apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 120g chopped walnuts
Directions to make the Apple Sauce and Raisin Bars
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease one 20cm square baking tin.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in cinnamon, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt; add raisins, nuts and apple sauce. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.