serves : 60
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions for Browned Butter Frosting
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat until golden brown. (do not scorch).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar, boiling water, and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat until frosting is easy to spread.
- If necessary add a little more boiling water, 1 t. at a time until frosting is spreadable.
- Immediately spread.
- If frosting begins to set up, stir in a small amount of boiling water.