yield : 6
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 quart (4 cups) chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
Directions for Chocolate-Almond Ice Cream Pie
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix melted butter, almonds and sugar. Spoon 1/3 of mixture into shallow baking pan; spread evenly. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once, until toasted. Set aside to cool, stirring once.
- 2Meanwhile, place pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate; press crust firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under and press together to form thick crust edge; flute. DO NOT PRICK CRUST. Spoon remaining 2/3 of almond mixture into bottom and up side of crust; press against crust.
- 3Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4Spoon ice cream into cooled baked crust. Sprinkle cooled almond mixture over ice cream. Freeze uncovered until firm, about 4 hours. Let pie stand at room temperature 10 minutes before cutting. Pie can be stored in freezer up to 1 week.
Next time around, try using a purchased chocolate cookie wafer crust.
Pie baking can be even easier when you use Pet-Ritz® frozen pie crusts. Find them in the freezer case with a precrimped edge, ready to use. The disposable pan makes clean up a snap.