buttercream - buttercream filling
- 1 pound bag of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 7 ounces (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chipsr
Directions for chocolate fudge buttercream filling
- mix the chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt together in a microwave-safe bowl.
- heat on high for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
- cool to room temperature before folding into buttercream then chill until completely cooled before use.