- 2 slices woodfired bread
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 120g strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbs toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Thick cream, to serve
Directions for the Chocolate and strawberry tartines
- Step 1Before you start, ensure the barbecue is clean and free from strong odours, then preheat to medium-high.
- Step 2Brush both sides of bread with butter. Cook on one side until golden. Turn over and cover each slice with chopped chocolate. Place a piece of foil loosely over the top. Cook just until the chocolate has melted. Place on a plate and add strawberries and chopped nuts. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with thick cream.