Makes : 1 loaf cake
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 apple
- demerara sugar
Directions to make the Cinnamon and apple loaf cake
- Preheat oven at 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and whisk. Slowly fold the flour into the mixture, along with the ground cinnamon and baking powder. Pour the mixture into a greased or baking parchment lined loaf tin.
- Finally, cube your apple into approximately 1cm sized cubes, leaving the peel on. Lay the cubed apple on top of the cake mixture, before finishing the dish with a sprinkling of demerara sugar, how much you use is completely up to you!
- Put into the preheated oven for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, over until a skewer comes out clean. Happy baking!