buttercream - buttercream filling
- 1 pound bag of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup coconut milk in place of the milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Lime Curd
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (available at good supermarkets)
- zest of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions for coconut lime mousse
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in lime juice, zest and butter.
- Cook for one minute intervals on high, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Cover the curd with cling film placed directly on the surface of the curd and refrigerate until set.