Makes : 4 - 6 servings
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 450g tomato based pasta sauce
- 125g grated mozzarella cheese
Directions for Courgette and Tomato Bake
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- In a large pot, boil the courgettes until tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Combine the courgettes, onion and garlic in a 20x30cm baking dish; mix well. Pour the pasta sauce over the mixture and stir well. Top with mozzarella cheese (use more or less depending on your preference).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.