buttercream - buttercream filling
- 1 pound bag of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Ginger
- 1 cup Ginger Snap cookie crumbs, or more to taste
Directions for espresso buttercream
- using the whisk attachment on your electric mixer, mix the powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and milk at low speed until smooth.
- add butter, one slice at a time, until incorporated
- add shortening and whip at highest speed 10-12 minutes, until volume increases by at least 50%.