Serves : 8
- 5 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 150ml maple syrup
- 60g plain flour
- 40g porridge oats
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 110g butter, softened
Directions to make the Maple Apple Crumble
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Place apples in an 20cm (8 in) baking dish. Toss apples with syrup. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar and salt. Rub in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.