- 250g strawberries, hulled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 250g pkt pink & white marshmallows
- 500ml thickened cream
- 3-4 drops pink food colouring
- 230g single unfilled sponge cake
- 50g candy canes, coarsely crushed
- Shaved white chocolate, to decorate
Directions for the Strawberry blissmas cake
- Step 1Lightly grease a round 17cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter. Line the base and side with plastic wrap, allowing the side to overhang. Smooth out as many wrinkles as possible.
- Step 2Process the strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Stir the milk and marshmallows in small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes to cool.
- Step 3Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat 200ml of the cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Fold the marshmallow mixture and strawberry puree into the cream until combined. Stir in the food colouring.
- Step 4Cut the sponge cake in half horizontally. Place 1 cake layer in the base of the prepared pan. Spread with half the strawberry mixture. Repeat with the remaining cake layer and strawberry mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to set.
- Step 5Use an electric beater to beat the remaining cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Remove the cake from pan and place on a plate. Spread the cream over the top and side of the cake to cover. Sprinkle with candy cane and shaved chocolate.