- 1 pound candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 1 pound chopped pecans
- 4 (8 ounce) packages flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
Directions for the Never fail fruit cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch tube pan. Line bottom of pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop fruit and nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add coconut and mix well with hands. Stir in flour, then sweetened condensed milk. Blend well.
- Pack firmly in prepared tube pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven. Run knife around edge of cake and remove rim of pan. When barely warm, remove tube bottom and paper from cake.