Serves : 4-6
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup finely ground almonds (or another 1/4 cup all-purpose flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (or another 1/4 tsp vanilla)
4 egg whites
2 cups apples
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 tablespoon ground cardamom (optional)
Directions to make the Scrumptious Swedish Apple Pie
- Peel and chop the apples, set them aside.
- Mix the flours, sugar, cardamom (optional) and baking powder together; add the egg whites and blend thoroughly.
- The batter will be stiff.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Put mixture into a greased pie plate.
- Mix the sugar, cinammon and cardamom together.
- Sprinkle over the top of the apple-batter mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy! (Always delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream).