yield : 10
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pint mango sorbet, softened slightly
- 2 boxes (10 oz each) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) margarita mix concentrate
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 10 fresh strawberry halves
- 1 small ripe mango, cut into cubes
- Coarse sugar, if desired
- Fresh strawberry slices, if desired
Directions for Strawberry-Mango Margarita Dessert
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 9- or 8-inch springform pan; refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 2Spoon sorbet over crust; spread evenly with metal spatula. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 3In large bowl, mix thawed strawberries, using wire whisk, until broken into small pieces. Beat in margarita mix until well blended. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully pour into pan over sorbet. Freeze at least 3 hours until firm.
- 4Using 4-inch wooden skewers, place strawberry half and mango slice on each of 10 skewers. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place skewers into top of dessert for garnish. To serve, cut into wedges.