- 1 cup chopped golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 8 packets artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions for the Sugarless Fruitcake
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, and line with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine the water, mixed fruit, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil gently for about 10 minutes. Sift the flour, baking soda and mixed spice into a large bowl. Pour in the boiled mixture, and stir until well blended. Mix in the eggs. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer or knife inserted into the top comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.