- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Directions for Taco Potato Pie Recipe
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 18 to 20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring often. Remove from heat.
3. Unroll pie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle dough with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, leaving a 1-inch border. Spoon onion and beans over dough. Arrange tomato slices over beans; top with mozzarella rounds. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, garlic powder, onion salt, and pepper.
4. Gently fold edges of dough toward center, crimping dough occasionally to seal (dough will not cover tomato mixture). Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts (filling may leak slightly during cooking). Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.