Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 6 Arnott’s Granita biscuits
- 500g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 400g cream cheese
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
Directions for the Caramelised strawberry shortcakes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 6 large muffin pans with paper cases. Place biscuits, flat-side up, in the cases. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the strawberries and 155g (3/4 cup) sugar and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Drain, reserving syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the flour and vanilla essence. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
- Step 3Spoon half the strawberries over the biscuits. Top with the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge to chill. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the remaining strawberries and reserved syrup.