- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped pecans 4
- (1.5 ounce) bars milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
Directions for the Butterscotch Chocolate Cake
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (8 inch) pans.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
2 In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and instant vanilla pudding mix. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4 To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the white sugar and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping, pecans and chopped chocolate. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake.