- Yield: 10 servings
Ingredients for the tart dough (for 2 tarts)
½ cup (110 g) butter, softened
½ cup (100 g) sugar 2 cups (230 g) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
Ingredients for the citrus filling
2 cups (440 g) granulated sugar
4 large eggs
½ cup (1.2 dl) orange juice
¼ cup (0.6 dl) lemon juice
Grated peel of 2 oranges
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting
½ cup (1.2 dl) heavy cream or whipping cream
7 oz (200 g) semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
Directions for the Chocolate Citrus Tart
- Line the bottom of a springform pan of 9 inches (23 cm) diameter with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the sides of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar. Add flour and cocoa powder, and finally the egg. Reserve in the fridge for a few hours or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Using your fingers, pat down half of the tart dough into the bottom of the springform pan (not the sides); keep the rest frozen until next time.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- For the filling, mix sugar and egg for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice, grated orange peel, flour and baking powder, and mix well.
- Transfer to the springform and bake at 250 deg F for about 30 to 40 minutes. A wooden pick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Using a knife, loosen carefully the cake from the sides of the springform pan. Let the tart cool to room temperature in the pan.
- For the chocolate frosting, heat the cream almost to a boil, add chopped chocolate, and stir until smooth. Let it cool until it thickens.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly on top and sides of the tart.