Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Dough Cake basic recipe
8 oz flour Pinch of salt 1 oz butter 1/2 oz yeast Milk and water 1 egg Grated nutmeg 1/2 oz peel 1 oz sugar 2 oz currants
- Sieve flour and salt and rub in fat.
- Mix yeast with a little warm milk and water, add to flour, with rest of ingredients, and mix to a soft dough with remaining liquid.
- Beat very thoroughly, put into greased and warmed loaf tin, half filling it and allow to rise in a warm place until the dough reaches the top of the tin.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 mins.
Simple White Cake
Basic shortcrust pastry 2 recipe
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
Directions to make the Simple White Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.