Yield: 12 servingsThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
¾ cup butter (170 g)
1+½ cup sugar (330 g)
2 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour (85 g)
½ cup cocoa powder (50 g)
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt (optional)
3 oz (100 g) chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Directions for the Easy Brownies made with cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Line a 13 x 9 in (33 x 23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin. Melt the butter.
- Beat eggs with sugar, and add vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt (optional) and melted butter.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake. Dust with powdered sugar or glace with your favorite chocolate frosting.
- Instead of all-purpose flour + baking powder you may use self-raising flour.
- Instead of eggs you may use 3/4 cup med firm drained tofu (suggested by Jennifer, March 2008)
- Instead of using nuts use a mars bar. Freeze the bar, smash it and the sprinkle it on top before baking (suggested by Thea, August 2008)
- To make a more cake-like brownie, bake in a square approx. 9×9 in metal pan. Cooks about 5 to 10 minutes longer, but turns out more fluffy, soft, and cake-like (Suggested by Lucy Sinogeikina, September 2008)