Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 x 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 x 250g ctns mascarpone
- 60ml (1/4 cup) marsala
- 1L (4 cups) strong black coffee, cooled
- 2 x 250g pkts savoiardi (sponge finger biscuits)
- 75g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely grated
- 375g strawberries, washed, hulled, thinly sliced
- 150g dry roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions for the Hazelnut and strawberry tiramisu
- Step 1Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Step 2Use a clean electric beater to whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the mascarpone and marsala, and beat to combine. Use a large metal spoon to fold the cream into the egg mixture until just combined.
- Step 3Use a clean electric beater to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Step 4Place the coffee in a bowl. Dip half the biscuits in the coffee and arrange evenly in the base of a 4L (16-cup) capacity serving dish.
- Step 5Spread half the cream mixture over the biscuits. Tap the dish gently on the bench to settle. Sprinkle with half the chocolate. Arrange the strawberries, in a single layer, over the chocolate. Continue layering with the remaining coffee, biscuits, cream mixture and chocolate. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to chill.
- Step 6Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the tiramisu to serve.