yields one 9″ round cake (3 layers)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups plus 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Directions to make Pound Cake
1. using an electric mixer beat butter at high speed until lighter in color and fluffy.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
2. add the cream cheese and beat at high speed until really well combined.
3. add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. one at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
5. add the vanilla while the mixer is running on low speed. Mix until combined.
6. sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt on to a piece of parchment or wax paper.
7. add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed just until smooth.
8. pour 1/3 of the batter into one pan and 2/3 into the other and bake. Start checking the pans after 30 minutes and every 10 minutes after that, until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Cool the cakes in the pan for 15 mins then turn out on to a rack to cool completely.
10.when completely cool, wrap well in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, then slice the thicker layer in two horizontally so that now you have three layers for filling and stacking.