Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 25g butter
- 12 (2 x 150g packets) shortcrust pastry tartlets
- 250g small fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
Directions for the Strawberry custard tarts
- Step 1Place milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until almost boiling (don’t boil).
- Step 2Place egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Step 3Gradually pour milk mixture into egg mixture, whisking until smooth. Strain mixture into a clean saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking, for 5 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Boil, whisking, for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 40 minutes or until cold.
- Step 4Divide custard between pastry cases (see note). Top with strawberries.
- Step 5Microwave jelly in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Brush jelly over strawberries. Serve.