Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1/2 quantity of creme patisserie (see related recipe)
- 1 1/2 punnets small strawberries, halved
- 2 tbs redcurrant jelly
- 175g plain flour
- 100g butter, chilled, cubed
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
Directions for the Strawberry tarts
- Step 1To make pastry, process flour, butter, sugar and pinch of salt in a food processor until resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of cold water.
- Step 2Process until mixture just comes together in a smooth ball. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat the oven to 170°C. Roll out pastry thinly on a floured board and use to line 14 boat-shaped pastry moulds*. Prick all over with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 4Bake for 7-10 minutes or until light golden, then cool. Fill with creme patisserie; place strawberries on top.
- Step 5Heat jelly in a pan over low heat until smooth, brush over berries and serve immediately.