yield : 12
- 270 g flour
- 1 envelope(s) baking powder (14g)
- 270 g brown sugar, 200g is enough usually
- 5 medium eggs
- 270 g butter, sweet (or margerine)
- 180 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 100 ml espresso coffee, strong and cooled
- 100 ml coffee liqueur, e.g. Kahlua to taste
- 350 g double cream, whipped
- 350 g mascarpone, at room temperature
Directions to make the the Che’s Cashew & Coffee Cream Cake
Divide among two greased, lined 26cm cake tins; bake them for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle coffee liqueur over each cake while hot. Whisk together the cream, mascarpone and remaining espresso coffee.
Spread one third of the coffee cream over one cake; top with the other. Spread the remaining coffee cream over the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining cashews.
You do not necessarily need to bake in 2 tins. Bake one, allow to cool, and divide horizontally in 2, using a crossed-over thread or wire.