Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup halved green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple, optional
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves or combination of walnuts and pecans
- candied red and green cherries, for garnish
Directions for the Chocolate Fruitcake
Melt butter and chocolate in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, and cool for about 15 minutes.
Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add flour and salt, stirring until blended. Stir in candied fruits and nuts. Spoon mixture into 4 generously greased and floured 5 x 3 x 2-inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Seal cakes in heavy-duty plastic wrap and chill thoroughly before cutting. Garnish with candied cherries, if desired. These loaves can be frozen.
Makes 4 loaves.