Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 2 eggwhites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light and creamy vanilla yoghurt
- 8 large strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 2 large passionfruit, pulp removed
Directions for the Meringues with strawberry and passionfruit
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Using a pencil, draw 8 x 8cm (diameter) rounds on 1 sheet of baking paper. Place sheet onto 1 large baking tray (pencil-side down).
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until meringue is glossy and sugar has dissolved. Fold through vanilla.
- Step 3Using circles as a guide, spoon meringue onto baking paper to form 8 x 1cm-thick discs. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave meringues to cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour or until crisp.
- Step 4Place 1 meringue onto each serving plate. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt. Top with half the strawberries. Sandwich together with remaining meringues. Spread with remaining yoghurt. Top with remaining strawberries. Drizzle with passionfruit. Serve.