Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
yield : 12
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup white sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour (tablespoon)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 11/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsps butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsps lemon zest (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups icing sugar
Directions for the Moist Blueberry Cake with Light Lemon Icing
- Start by making the cake. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter. (if you have frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them before mixing them in the cake batter, if not, they will make the batter hard and cold and it will be hard for you to mix).
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- To prepare frosting, combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and dash of salt in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat at low speed just until blended (do not overbeat). Make sure your cake has completely cooled before icing it.