Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Directions for Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Place 15 Oreo® cookies into a ziplock bag. Remove the air and seal the bag. Use a rolling pin or a meat mallet to crush the cookies into small chunks. Set the bag aside.
- Place softened ice cream into a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds or just until the ice cream is soft but not runny.
- Pour half of the softened ice cream into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Spread the ice cream out with a small offset spatula into a nice even layer. Working quickly, evenly distribute crushed Oreos® on top of the ice cream.
- Quickly pour the remaining softened ice cream over the crushed Oreos® and spread gently until evenly distributed.
- Immediately cover entire pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze for about an hour.
- After an hour, remove the pan from the freezer and use the remaining Oreos® to decorate the top. Place 25 mini Oreos® around the top edge of the cake to form a border. Use 9 large Oreo’s® to make an inner border and fill the middle area with the remaining 2 large Oreo’s®, crushed (see photo for decorating guidance).
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze for 6 additional hours or overnight.