Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- tablespoons granulated sugar
- tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1/4
- cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- teaspoon granulated sugar
- cup whipping cream
- tablespoon powdered sugar
- Fresh mint, if desired
Directions for the Rustic Strawberry Tart with Strawberry Cream
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on cookie sheet.
- 2In medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Gently stir in 3 cups of the strawberries. Spoon onto center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge. Fold 2-inch crust edge up over filling, pleating decoratively. Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 3Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 4Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mash remaining 1/4 cup strawberries; fold into whipped cream. Serve tart with strawberry whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint.