Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 400g plain flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300ml buttermilk
- 80g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- Icing sugar (optional), to dust
Directions for the Strawberry muffins
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then stir in berries with a wooden spoon. Mix eggs, buttermilk and butter in another bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Stir to just combine – don’t overmix. Pour into pans. Bake for 15-18 minutes until risen and pale golden. Cool. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.