- 100g strawberries, hulled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
- 300g fresh full-cream ricotta
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
- 12 cannoli shells
Directions for the Strawberry & ricotta cannoli
- Step 1Place the strawberries in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and stir until well combined. Place in a sieve set over a bowl and leave to drain for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Combine the ricotta, mascarpone and remaining 1/3 cup (50g) icing sugar in a bowl and stir until smooth. Fold in the almonds and strawberries until mixture is well combined.
- Step 3In batches, spoon the ricotta mixture into a piping bag with a 1cm-diameter fluted nozzle, then use to fill the cannoli. Dust with extra icing sugar to serve.