Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 300g ctn sour cream
- 160g (1/2 cup) strawberry jam
- 300g (2 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 15g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 tbs hot water
- 2-3 drops pink food colouring
Directions for the Strawberry swirl cake
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160ºC. Lightly brush a 2.5L (10-cup) capacity bundt pan with melted butter.
- Step 2Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a large metal spoon to fold in the flour and sour cream, in alternating batches, until well combined.
- Step 3Pour half the mixture into the prepared pan. Spoon over the jam. Use a skewer to make a swirl pattern. Top with the remaining cake mixture.
- Step 4Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 5Sift the icing sugar into a medium bowl. Add the butter and water, and stir until smooth. Stir in the food colouring. Spoon icing over the cake. Set aside until set.