Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
yield : 1 8-inch cake
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips (10oz)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 small pound cake
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint of chocolate ice cream
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies (without the filling)
- Colorful sprinkles to decorate
- Plastic wrap
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
Directions for Vanilla Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
- Mix the chocolate chips with the heavy cream and heat it in the microwave in short intervals (1 minute at a time). Stir it together in between heatings until it’s well mixed.
- Line the pan with plastic wrap and let it hang so it can be covered later.
- Carefully spread half of the chocolate sauce on the pan.
- Cut the pound cake in 3/4 inch pieces and place the slices on top of the sauce.
- Add the vanilla ice cream. To make it easier to spread the ice cream, mix it with a hand mixer until it’s soft. Place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Add a layer of the chocolate cookies.
- Add the rest of the chocolate sauce. Place it in the freezer for 1/2 hour and then add another layer of cookies on top of the sauce.
- Add the chocolate ice cream and then the rest of the pound cake. Cover and place in the freezer for a minimun of 3 hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer, let it sit for 5 minutes, run some water on the outside of the pan and turn it. Spread the color sprinkles on top and enjoy!