Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Yield: 4-6 servings.
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
Directions for Apple Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, egg, sugar, syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
BACK TO APPLE CRUMBLE TOPPING