Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Serves : 8
- 110g butter
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 450g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 225ml prepared hollandaise sauce
- 1 (500g) packet puff pastry
Directions for Fresh asparagus and mushroom pie
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus pieces; cook gently for about 10 minutes. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft. Set aside.
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce according to packet directions. Add the cooked asparagus and mushrooms; stir well.
- Roll out one block of puff pastry on a floured surface and lay it flat on the bottom of a 22x33cm baking dish. It’s fine if it goes up the sides of the baking dish too. Spread the asparagus mixture evenly over the pastry. Roll out the other block of puff pastry and place on top; pinch the edges together to seal.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until pastry is golden brown. Cool for a few minutes before serving.