Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 4 fresh free-range eggs, beaten
- 600g (1 1/4 lb) courgettes, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 (500g) packet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry, or make your own.
- Beaten egg yolk, for glazing pastry
Directions for Italian Courgette Pie
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the courgettes, onions, parsley and cheese; mix well.
- Pour the oil into a medium-sized baking tin and spread it around until it coats the tin.
- Divide the pastry into two pieces. Roll out one sheet of pastry and place on the bottom of the baking tin, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Now spread the filling onto the pastry. Seal the pie with the other layer of pastry and trim the edges.
- Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg yolk. Pierce the top layer with a fork and bake for about 40 minutes until it becomes crisp and light golden.
- Serve hot.