- 1.35kg ricotta cheese
- 12 eggs
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 45g plain chocolate chips
- 500g plain flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 110g margarine
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions for Italian Sweet Ricotta Pie
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the courgettes, onions, parsley and cheese; mix well.
- Pour the oil into a medium-sized baking tin and spread it around until it coats the tin.
- Divide the pastry into two pieces. Roll out one sheet of pastry and place on the bottom of the baking tin, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Now spread the filling onto the pastry. Seal the pie with the other layer of pastry and trim the edges.
- Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg yolk. Pierce the top layer with a fork and bake for about 40 minutes until it becomes crisp and light golden.
- Serve hot.