Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Paprika, optional
Directions for Mini Shepherd’s Pies Recipe
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender; drain. Stir in the chili sauce, vinegar and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Pour into a small bowl. Whisk in potato flakes until blended. Beat in cream cheese until smooth.
- Press 1 biscuit dough onto the bottom and up the sides of each of 10 greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture. Spread potato mixture over beef. Sprinkle with potato chips; press down lightly.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve immediately, or cool before placing in a single layer in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pies: Thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.