Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups dried mixed fruit
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups brandy
Directions for the Jamaican Fruit Cake
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Grease and flour a tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, soda, spices, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla, 1/2 cup brandy, fruit, nuts, and melted butter or margarine. Mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap cooled cake in foil. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons brandy over the cake everyday for 2 weeks.