Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 150g amaretti biscuits
- 80g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 200g mascarpone
- 2 tbs icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tbs vincotto or balsamic vinegar
Directions for the Strawberry amaretti tarts
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease 4 round loose-bottomed tart pans (2cm deep; 8cm in diameter.)
- Step 2Crush the biscuits in a food processor, then combine with the melted butter and press the mixture into the base and sides of the tart pans.
- Step 3Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool slightly. Remove the cases from the pans and set aside to cool completely.
- Step 4Whip the mascarpone with 1 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar and the vanilla.
- Step 5Toss the strawberries with remaining icing sugar and vincotto. Fill the tarts with the mascarpone, then pile on the strawberries, dust with icing sugar and drizzle with any remaining vincotto.