Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 250g (1 punnet) strawberries, washed, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 4 large scoops dairy-free vanilla ice dessert (Fruccio brand)
Directions for the Strawberry meringues
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Brush paper with the oil. Place the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl. Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form. Gradually add 60g (1/4 cup) of the sugar and whisk for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 2Spoon the meringue to make four 8cm discs on the lined tray. Bake for 4 minutes or until golden. Reduce temperature to 100°C. Bake for a further 12 minutes or until set in the centre. Turn oven off and leave with door ajar for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the strawberries and remaining sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Step 4Place the meringues on serving plates and top with a scoop of ice dessert. Drizzle with the warm strawberry sauce.