Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
Directions for the Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Sue often uses whole fresh strawberries and arranges them pointed side up in the pastry shell for a different presentation. It also is a time-saver because she doesn’t have to slice the berries.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 slice) equals 264 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.