yield : 12
- 1 12 ounce store bought angel food cake or one made from a cake mix
- 1 /12 C cold whipping cream
- 1/4 C plus 2 Tbsp malted milk powder
- cooking spray
- 1 and 1/2 containers of vanilla ice cream (1/2 gallon size) My favorite is Breyers
- white sprinkles (if it’s your birthday)
Directions for Vanilla Malted Ice Cream Cake
- Bake angel food cake according to directions on box.
- Trim the brown crust off the cake as much as possible.
- Slice cake into thin slices.
- Whisk 1/2 C whipping cream with 1/4 C malted milk powder in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes and then whisk again. It will thicken somewhat.
- Lightly spray the 10 inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- Press about half of the cake slices into the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle half of the cream mixture over the cake.
- Soften ice cream and spoon half of it over the cake. Use an offset spatula to get an even layer.
- Repeat with cake, cream and ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 4 hours or up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, remove from pan and invert onto a cake plate.
- Beat 1 C whipping cream and 2 Tbsp malted milk powder with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake sides and top with mixture.
- Add sprinkles