Serves : 12
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5-6 tart apples, peeled, cored, quartered and sliced
- icing sugar for dusting
Directions to make the Buttery Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a round springform tin with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix cinnamon, cocoa, vanilla sugar and the flour mixed with baking powder in a bowl. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared tin and arrange apple slices on top. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.